Yard

Yard

Monday, April 30, 2012

San Simeon Part I



This is our first view of San Simeon Beach as we entered our room.  Despite threats of rain, the weather was perfectly clear all three days we were there.  How much fun is that???




One of the motel's two pools was below us, and since it was quite chilly at night we didn't have any unwanted noise.




At several places along the small cliff overlooking the beach were these signs, "Hazardous Bluff"!  They loved signage at this resort, and we also saw "Dangerous Trail" (this was a narrow path leading to the beach from the parking lot.)  Even if you slipped off the trail, you would only fall a few feet, but as a senior citizen, I could see the reasoning behind the signs.  There was also a rickety stairway leading to the beach which I thought was more hazardous than the trail.




This old, and quite beautiful Monterey Pine was right next to the dangerous trail.  Lots of pretty trees in the area, as well as magnificent rocks, both large and small.




Here is a selection that I accumulated during my stay.  My sister loves collecting rocks and I plan to send her a few.  Which ones would you like Darlene?




One of the things we did while we were in San Simeon was to go to the Elephant Seal Conservation Area.  In this picture they looked a lot like the rocks on the beach, but as we went on, it was wall to wall seals.  The docent told us that these were all females with their pups.  The males were apparently in Alaska on a feeding frenzy.



2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great time! so glad you had a chance to get away and relax. beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am so glad you had a good time and relaxed! I loved all the rocks! If you pick a couple for me I will add them to my collection!

    ReplyDelete