Yard

Yard

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Jesus Is The Reason For The Season


I have always been fascinated with Nativity sets.  For many years I have collected them, and bring them out each Christmas. 


My latest addition is a metal board background, and is also an Advent Calendar.  Each little drawer has an item that you add to the scene each day.


BELIEVE is another set that I purchased this year.  Each letter has a character from the manger.


This is a set I purchased for Heather a couple of years ago.  She has since become interested in collecting nativity sets too.



I had had this little set of Precious Moments for many years, and when Heather got married I gave it to her.  As a little girl, it was always a favorite of hers.


When Maddie came along she just loved the Little People sets from Fisher Price, so of course I got her this set which children can also play with.


When Heather was little, she loved painting ceramics.  Here is a set that she painted for me.


One of my favorites has always been this glass set that is very tiny, but exquisitely painted.


Here we have 2 sets.  In the background is one I got from Hallmark many years ago, and in the front is a sweet set of the Peanuts characters.


When I was a little girl, my mother had a set similar to this one, so I tried to find one like it.  She always put cotton snow underneath, and it was usually under the tree along side the train set.


But we must always remember----  "Jesus Is The Reason For The Season"

No comments:

Post a Comment