Yard

Yard

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Just Summer II---Gardening


Summer is a fun time to take photos.  There are so many facets to summer, that I had to continue my last blog.  Much time and work in the summer has to do with gardening.

 
I'm almost embarrassed to post this picture because of how awful our backyard looked when Adam was about two.  But, how could I resist a picture of him trying to take a sprinkler head off of a hose.  As we all know, he now has a career in landscaping, so this may have been the beginning.
 
 
Just to redeem myself, here is a summer picture of how the same area looks now.
 
 
Here we are back in time again posing by a row of sunflowers that we grew.  Adam helped a lot to plant and water the flowers, and was very proud of his accomplishment.
 
 
We are still growing sunflowers, but this time to cover up a hole in the fence.
 
 
Here's another shot of Adam (age one) adjusting the sprinklers.
 
 
When I was small I used to pick my Grandmother's flowers, but she loved me anyway.  This is my paternal Grandmother, Pearl, in our backyard in Chicago.
 
 
Heather followed suit when she was at Grandma Armit's house in Illinois.
 
 
How lucky I was to have met and married my husband, Duane, without whom our yard would have still looked like picture #1.  Thanks Honey!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
































2 comments:

  1. good job! love the story line. Love gardening and my sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. just proves adam got that gardening gene! i think i missed that boat.:)

    ReplyDelete