Yard

Yard

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Where Was Christmas?


This year, with the short period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I had a tendency to rush everything.  Got most of the presents early (check), did not bring out all decorations---so decorated quickly (check), did not bake cookies (check), only put one lone small artificial tree on the front porch (check), and generally was not in the spirit of things.  Didn't even take any pictures!  

 
One of the problems was that my wonderful son-in-law, Jason had to work both Christmas and Christmas Eve!!!  Bummer!!!
 
 
 
Also, it was Melissa's family's turn to have Adam and Melissa with them for Christmas.  We missed them so much!
 
 
 
My beloved friend, Marian Koranda, was dying of cancer, which put a damper on the whole season.
 
 
 
 
And then, one of my favorite cousins, George Furphy, passed away suddenly the Friday before Christmas.  He is in the middle in this photo between Mary Ann and me.
 
 
 
But, all in all, my faith in God was strengthened, and I was reminded that no matter what happens, Jesus is the reason for the season.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. our posts seem very similar, and i didn't even read yours until after i posted mine. sad christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete