Yard

Yard

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Marian


It is the end of an era.  The Matriarch of Shirlmar has passed away.  Marian had ruled our street for as long as I can remember.  She was "REAL".  There was nothing fake or phoney about her, and you always knew where you stood with her.  She was my friend, and amazingly enough, she loved both of my husbands.  I only wish we had taken more pictures in the "old days".

 
Marian spent many a Christmas or Christmas Eve with our family, where she was an honorary member.  Adam would always call her "Grandma" and consider her as such.  She and I had roots in Illinois, and shared the Catholic religion.
 
 
Marian loved her horses, dogs and birds.  When Dave and I moved to Shirlmar, we went riding with her and her friends, and then had to get horses of our own.  We adored her Rhodesian Ridgeback dogs and ended up with several of those, as well as our Pug, Muggs. 
 
 
Marian was always invited to our barbeques, and all of our friends loved her.  We have many fond memories of sitting around our patio tables swapping stories until late at night.
 
 
Here is one such group on the 4th of July when Duane and I moved back to Shirlmar in 2003.  Helen and Cori Robertson have many tales that they love to tell about Marian, and I remember strolling Heather up to Marian's house when she was just a week old.
 
 
Marian was thrilled when we moved back to Shirlmar, and loved to come and see each phase of the building our our new house.  Like I said, she "loved" both of my husbands.
 
 
Marian had many hunting stories from when she was a young girl.  So, it was natural that she was a fan of Duane's hunting gear.
 
 
When Adam became engaged to Melissa, Marian was thrilled.  Here they are at Melissa's bridal shower where Marian helped with the  food preparation, and even did the dishes!
 
 
Yes, Marian will be missed by all who knew her.  Happy Trails To You, Marian!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: