Yard

Yard

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flowers

 
It always gives me great joy to walk outdoors and admire my flowers.
I call this one my Cobalt plant.
 
 
At this time of year Daffodils pop up all over the yard.
 
 
I have several different varieties.
 
 
Here is a favorite plant of mine----Kangaroo Paws.  The little red blooms look a little like paws up close.  Another bunch of daffodils in the back pot nestled in Thyme.
 
 
I love it when flowers come up voluntarily as do these Calla Lillies, and Nasturtium.  Right in the middle is my Pink Promise Geranium.
 
 
A pot of red Kalenchoe, often seen as a house plant.
 
 
The red Ivy Geranium above the Nasturtium makes a nice contrast.
 
 
Though it never flowers, Staghorn Ferns always look magnificent.
 
 
I always try to plant some vegetables around the yard.  Here are some seedling onions.
 
 
Putting them all together is truly a heartwarming experience.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: