Yard

Yard

Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Fever


Much to our dismay, Southern California has had summerlike weather in the recent weeks.  Normally, I don't like to do much planting or gardening until April, but I really don't think there will be another frost until maybe December.  So, I've started eyeing the garden to see how it can be refreshed and improved.

 
One of my favorite "go to" plants are geraniums.  They are so colorful and fresh and need a minimum of care.  I love planting them in pots, or next to other brightly colored flowers.  Today I bought a red one, a white one and a peach.
 
 
I've always been in love with Gerbera Daisies.  They come in so many spectacular colors.  I hope to get a duplicate of this potting again this year.  This one had 3 or 4 colors.
 
 
Hydrangeas are also very showy, and I like to keep them in pots for maximum color.  I'm sure many will be featured for Easter or Mother's Day.
 
 
But flowers are not the only plants I love.  Yesterday, I planted some Patio Tomatoes, Jalapeno Peppers, and Habanero Peppers.  One of each went into this planter on the porch.
 
 
Other tomatoes and peppers are in pots on the patio.  I like them close by for easy access.  In the background is one of my lavender plants.  It is always filled with bees, so I'm sure these tomatoes will have maximum pollination.
 
 
Now I'm hoping for lots of these guys to invade our yard.  The Praying Mantis is one of the best bug killers around, and they are so much fun to watch.  Happy Spring!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment