Yard

Yard

Monday, May 2, 2011

PONDS in the GARDEN

In 1999 I was sent to a class for the bank where I was employed.  I was there for 3 days, and when I got home, to my utter delight, I had a new pond in my back yard.  Adam and a couple of his friends dug it, filled it with fish, frogs, turtles and plants, and went up into the mountains and brought back some huge rocks to place around it.  It was so pretty!  Unfortunately, when we built the new house, the pond had to be dismantled to make way for a swimming pool.  All of the wildlife was saved and placed in a friend's pond, and one of the frogs had grown to be quite a large specimen.  Now that Adam has his own house, he put a pond in his backyard.  Problem is, the dogs use it like a pool and love to eat the plants.  We had all sorts of visitors to our pond too, like a blue heron, and a bear, and lots of other animals and birds used it for a water source.  One of the prettiest sights were the dragonflies in all sorts of colors like orange and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment