Yard

Yard

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sprinkling Cans

To keep our garden in peak condition, we try to fertilize every month or two.  We use Miracle Grow, and I add 2 tablespoons of the powder to a 2 gallon sprinkling can of water.  I love sprinkling cans----they are so nostalgic.  I have many, but some are so pretty that they stay in the house as decorations.  There are those attachments you can use with a hose, and Duane is very proficient at using them for the lawn, but I prefer a good old fashioned sprinkling can.  I do use Bayer Rose and Flower fertilizer for the roses because it not only fertilizes the roses, it keeps the aphids and other bugs off.  The sprinkling can in this photo was a gift from Adam and Melissa, and except for this picture, it stays in the house.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment