Yard

Yard

Monday, August 22, 2011

Be Optomistic!

I have just offered my condolences to my sister on the loss of 3 of her friends recently.  It seems that all we get anymore is bad news.  But, I'm the eternal optomist, and always try to look on the bright side.  Someone always has it worse than you do.  Just as an example, I was reading an article by Charles Payne, a Wall Street analyst and regular on KFI640 am radio.  He wrote up this little blurb on Abraham Lincoln:

                                         Lincoln's Failures and Triumph

1832  Lost State Job
1833  Failed at Business
1835  Sweetheart Died
1836  Had a Nervous Breakdown
1838  Was Defeated for Speaker of the House
1843  He was Defeated for Congress
1844  He lost Re-Nomination
1849  He was Rejected as Land Officer
1856  He was Defeated as Vice President
1858  He was Defeated for Senate
1860  He WON the Presidency!

However, in 1865 he was Assassinated............such is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment