Yard

Yard

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Clothes

Don't get the wrong idea.  Just because I got new Easter clothes each Easter doesn't mean we were rich.  Far from it.  My mother used to make most of my clothes, including coats, even on into my teens.  In the Easter picture of me at age 7, she did make my dress, and my coat.  My grandfather (her father) was a tailor, and Mom and her two sisters also learned to sew.  They were all good seamstresses.  My Aunt Jo even went on to have a business where she designed and sewed Barbie Doll clothes.  One thing I remember fondly is the treadle sewing machine my Aunt Jo used for years.  My cousin Barbara still has it.  It is a White, and you can still find them on Ebay.  It had the cutest little drawers on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment