Yard

Yard

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Boating!

Boating has always been a part of my life.  In the early days, the family would rent a row boat at a lake.  Here, we have my Aunt Hattie and Uncle Stanley circa 1952 at Crooked Lake, Wisconsin where we all went on vacation.  Fishing was always a part of row boating.  Aunt Hattie, by the way, is my Godmother, and Uncle Stanley is my Grandmother's brother on my Dad's side.
Here we have Heather concentrating really hard and trying to catch a fish.  She is sitting on the back of a houseboat that we rented in 1977 on Lake Mojave, CA.  Notice the bleak landscape.
My Mom and I beside our cabin cruiser, about 1983.  We loved to take it to Huntington Harbor, and Long Beach in So. Cal.  Never got up the nerve to take it to Catalina.

Adam and Dave on the Fox River in Illinois.  Dave was teaching Adam how to row a boat.  Adam did very well at age 11.  This was what they called a "John Boat".  Don't ask me why.

This was the boat we had in McHenry, Illinois that we would take on the Fox River, Fox Lake, Pistakee Lake and other lakes within the famous "Chain of Lakes".  They were all connected and you could spend a whole day going through the lakes and channels that connected them.  My sister Darlene is waving.  She loves boating.

Finally, the cutest picture of all.  Maddie driving their boat with Daddy.  Guess it's in the blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment