Yard

Yard

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cousins

Like most people, I have dozens of cousins.   Some you grow up with, some you can't stand, and some are always there for you.



These three ladies are sisters.  On the left is my Aunt Tillie, in the middle is my Aunt Jo, and then my Mom.
They were always very close and they all had daughters that were also close.  When they all lived in Chicago, they visited each other as much as possible, and I remember always feeling very happy and secure around them.


MaryAnn is Aunt Tillie's daughter.  She spent a lot of time with us, and was also my babysitter when I was little.  We always had so much fun together, and now we are like sisters.


Here's a photo of my Grandmother, Augusta (in the middle) with my Uncle Rick on the left, my Aunt Tillie next to Rick, my Mom next to Grandma, then Aunt Jo.  The little girl in front who looks a lot like Shirley Temple is Aunt Jo's daughter, Barbara.  We were also very close as we were growing up, and still are.  She's like another sister.


MaryAnn had two daughters, Carol and Chris on the left. I am in the middle and next to me is MaryAnn, then my daughter, Heather.  The little ones in front are Carol's daughters,Alicia and Lizzy, on either end, and Amanda in the middle who is Chris' daughter.


We can't forget my son, Adam, shown here with Amanda once again, and her parents Chris and Jim in the background.  If you look closely you will also see my husband, Duane, and my sister and brother-in-law behind Chris and Jim.


My sister has a daughter, Chantelle and here she is with Heather when we were visiting my Mom one summer.


No one was happier than I was to have gained two granddaughters Valerie and Amanda, and here they are with their cousin, Maddie.




No comments:

Post a Comment