Yard

Yard

Friday, February 22, 2013

Darlene


I was overjoyed on February 25, 1956 when my baby sister was born and I finally had a sibling.  I immediately became the "little mother" and helped with her care warming bottles, changing diapers, and getting things for my mother who was bedridden for a time after Darlene's birth.

 
Here we are at an outing in a park.  She was like my little doll.
 
 
This is one of my favorite pictures of Darlene as a little girl.  Always loved sailor collars.
 
 
She was very angelic at her First Communion.
 
 
Christmas was always special----guess we must have gotten a TV that year.
 
 
After I got married Darlene moved with our parents to a farm in Koleen, Indiana.
 
 
Here I am with Heather and Darlene's daughter Chantelle at the farm.  The girls are only a few days apart in age.  Here they are about 18 months old.
 
 
As the years went on, Darlene went on a fitness kick and entered many triathlons. 
 
 
She's always been an animal lover---here with our dog, Mugs.
 
 
We were both so lucky in the year 2000 to meet two wonderful guys and get married only 4 months apart.  Here she is with her husband, Robert or 'Ole Boy as we call him.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLENE!  YOU ARE LOVED!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. You are the BEST Sister that anyone could ever have~! I am so lucky to have you! I love you sooooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of my mom. :)

    Love,
    Chantelle

    ReplyDelete