Yard

Yard

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Little Girl


My little girl, Heather, is having a birthday March 4th.  Her Dad used to say that March 4th was the most commanding day of the year---------March Forth!!!  And she certainly did, and has become a lovely, intelligent and compassionate woman.  The following are some precious memories of her childhood.

 
I always have to include this picture, which, to me, was amazing.
 
 
Before I got married, Heather's Dad got me a hope chest, which promptly became a toy box when Heather was little.  She used it in a variety of ways.
 
 
I tried to make time each day to read to Heather, and she loved her books, as do her own children now.  I think she still has some of the books she had as a child.  She has said that her favorite book is "Make Way for Ducklings", which was certainly a favorite of mine too.
 
 
Heather was often comical and would make us laugh at her antics.  Two of the funny things I remember are when she would sing "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", only she would sing, Santa Claus is Coming Two Times.  The other was when she was in Kindergarten, and was asked who her favorite actor and actress were.  We must have sheltered her too much because her answer was, "Fredis Dare and Ginger Rogers".  Our love of old movies was evident.
 
 
When we would visit my parents in Indiana, Heather loved playing their organ.  Of course I thought she was a budding Liberace, and gave her piano lessons (that she hated) for a couple of years.
 
 
Ever a fan of balloons.
 
 
Mom loves you a whole bunch, dance on!
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. We love you Heather! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww! this is so sweet mom! i love you!!!! it's so fun to read all of those things about my childhood. i am who i am because i have a wonderful mom! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being a wonderful daughter. I am so lucky!

    ReplyDelete