Yard

Yard

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grandmother...Grandma....G-MA....Grandma Schel


How did I become a Grandma?  Wasn't I just a new mother wondering what to do when my baby cried?  Babies don't come with manuals----although I did refer many times to my Dr. Spock.  Now, I guess he is out and other techniques are in, so once again I had to learn how to care for a new baby entrusted to me.  I think it is much scarier when the baby belongs to your son or daughter.  Plus, you are not there witnessing each small change in the child's habits.  Therefore you must go through a readjustment period whenever you babysit.  All in all, however, as with your own children, being a Grandma has fabulous perks and rewards......

 
Who needs a stand up comic, when you have a grandson?
 
 
 
Then there are the moments that take your breath away...
 
 
You find that all granddaughters, regardless of their parents, look like sisters.
 
 
When they dance, you are enchanted.
 
 
They love their hats, just like Daddy does.
 
 
They enjoy going to lunch with you.
 
 
They love your pool.
 
 
You can vacation with them.
 
 
Dolls become part of the family.
 
 
Every photo is pure joy.
 
 
And before you know it they are graduating!
 
 
All I know is that I love every single minute of being a Grandma, or a G-Ma, or a Grandmother or Grandma Schel.....
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet, sweet post! you are the best grandma any kid could have. mine are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete