Yard

Yard

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Thanks to All the Moms Out There


Mother's Day is such a special holiday.  Mothers who give so much love, attention, and devotion to their children are truly angels on earth.  My Mom was one of these----and I miss her every day.

 
Here she is on their farm in Indiana with Heather.  She just adored her grandchildren.
 
 
Here is Mom with my sister's daughter, Chantelle, and her sister Josephine.  Aunt Jo, as we called her was also like a mother to my sister and me.
 
 
When Heather got married, I was so happy that my cousin Mary Ann attended.  She and I have always been like sisters.  Her mother was another of my Mom's sisters---Aunt Tillie.
 
 
My sister, Darlene and her daughter, Chantelle came to both Heather's and Adam's weddings.  This was no small feat since they live in Indiana and the weddings were in Dana Point, CA and the country of Belize.
 
 
It's always such a blessing when your own daughter becomes a mother.  Love, Love, Love, those grandkids.  Heather has become the best mother ever!
 
 
A very special mother came into my life when I married Duane.  Kim, our daughter-in-law has raised two of the most loving and caring daughters ever, and I am thrilled that now they are my granddaughters.
 
 
And a very special tribute to Duane's mother, Mary.  I would have loved to have met her, and to thank her for doing such a good job of raising the wonderful man who is now my husband.  Just between you and me-----I'm sure it wasn't easy  :)
 
 

2 comments: